Plasson Bell Waterer’s the best for pastured poultry pens!
Plasson’s bullet proof design far surpasses all other drinkers on the market. Set them and forget them, for years of trouble free service.
Joel Salatin recommends these drinkers for use in pasture poultry pens.
These drinkers are made from high-impact plastic designed to take the abuse of daily use in large commercial broiler houses or small backyard operations. The unique valve action is superior to other finicky type drinkers on the market.
Fool proof design allows you to use with chicks through adult stage with no changing of the system. The patented ballast design ensures a constant water level and a dry floor. As little as 10 grams (1/3 oz.) of water will cause this highly sensitive and maintenance free system to activate allowing water to flow.
Combine all of these factors and you see why Joel Salatin at Polyface Farm uses these on his chicken tractors.
- Approximately 1 Plasson Drinker are needed per 75 adult birds when used in a pastured pen system.
- Working pressure: 0.4- 0.8 bar (6-12 psi) for optimum efficiency.
- The pressure can be regulated by means of a pressure regulator or via a head tank.
- The ballast bottle must be completely filled with water or stone up to the water level line to ensure proper operation. In frost prone areas, add antifreeze to the water.
- Adjust drinkers to the proper drinking height, always keeping the drinker lip a little higher than the bird's back.
- Keep water level in the bell trough as low as possible.
1. Turning the adjustment nut clockwise compresses the spring, raising the water level. Counter clockwise lowers the level.
2. If wet litter develops around the drinker, check the following:
- Is the water pressure too high?
- Is the water level in the bell trough too high?
- Are the drinkers raised high enough?
To order replacement parts click here